Brazilian Bolsonaro hospitalized with intestinal obstruction

0

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro was taken to a Sao Paulo hospital for tests on Monday morning after experiencing abdominal discomfort, the government said in a statement.

The hospital where he was admitted, Vila Nova Star, said in an early morning statement that the president had a bowel obstruction and was in stable condition. In the evening, the hospital said in a separate statement that Bolsonaro’s condition had improved, although there is still no definitive assessment on whether he will need surgery. .

Bolsonaro, 66, has experienced a series of medical problems and has undergone several surgeries since being stabbed in the abdomen during the election campaign in 2018. At the time, the president had undergone surgery by Dr Antonio Luiz Macedo, whose team oversees his treatment. in São Paulo.

Macedo was on vacation and is expected to return to Sao Paulo, Bolsonaro wrote on Twitter, accompanied by a photo of him lying in a hospital bed and giving a thumbs up. He was previously on vacation in southern Brazil.

The president was admitted to hospital in July with another bowel obstruction, after days in which he seemed to have difficulty speaking at times and said he was suffering from hiccups that could go on for days without a break. At the time, he did not need surgery to recover.

(This story was not edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.