Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has said he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The 53-year-old actor took to Instagram on Tuesday to share the news of his diagnosis which forced him to cancel performances of his Broadway show ‘The Music Man’. “I just wanted you to hear me say that I tested positive this morning for COVID. My symptoms are like a cold, I have a itchy throat and a bit of a runny nose, ”the actor said in a 30-second video.
“But I’m fine and I’m just going to do whatever I can to improve as soon as possible and as soon as I’m cleared I’ll be back on stage heading to River City,” he added.
Shortly after Jackman posted his video, the official Instagram page for ‘The Music Man’ also announced that all performances would be canceled until Saturday. The Broadway musical will resume on January 2, and Jackman will return to the show on January 6.
Jackman tested positive after his co-star Sutton Foster contracted the coronavirus last week and was replaced with a liner. Foster will return on January 2.
Over the past two weeks in the United States, dozens of Broadway shows, including ‘Hamilton’, ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Aladdin’, have been forced to cancel performances as the The number of COVID-19 cases was increasing, despite vaccination mandates for actors, the team and the public.
(This story was not edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)